South/Middle Belt Alliance: Ilana Omo Oodua Re-Affirms Adeleye, Akinwande As Reps In NINAS Steering Committee, Withdraws Olukoya—-The Umbrella body of Yoruba Self-Determination Groups, Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), has reaffirmed two of its Representatives in the Steering Committee of the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS), Mr. Maxwell Adeleye and Dr. Kayode Akinwande, while also withdrawing one, Otunba Folasade Olukoya.
NINAS is the umbrella body of Self-Determination Groups in the South and Middle-Belt Regions of Nigeria with Ilana Omo Oodua representing the Yoruba bloc, Lower Niger Congress (LNC) representing the old Eastern Region Bloc and Middle-Belt Rennaissance Movement representing the Middle Belt.
Professor Banji Akintoye, a renowned Historian and Leader of Ilana Omo Oodua, is the Chairman of NINAS.
Reacting to an online statement purported to have been signed, against the run of play, by Mr. Tony Nnadi, Esq, Secretary-General of Lower Niger Congress (LNC), which fallaciously disowned one of the representatives of IOO in NINAS Steering Committee, Mr. Maxwell Adeleye as not being a member of the Steering Committee of NINAS, the Yoruba Bloc told Tony Nnadi that his statement was an affront on the Yoruba people and an expensive joke.
Adeleye is the Spokesperson of Akintoye and Ilana Omo Oodua and one of the Spokespersons of NINAS.
Ilana Omo Oodua said “We wish to re-affirm that Mr. Maxwell Adeleye and Dr. Kayode Akinwande are our current representatives in the Steering Committee of NINAS. Our third Representative, Otunba Folasade Olukoya, is hereby withdrawn from NINAS with immediate effect. We withdrew her because she is no longer part of Ilana Omo Oodua being led by Professor Banji Akintoye, thus, she can no longer be our representative in NINAS. Other Blocs should please take note. Any attempt made by anyone to personalise NINAS shall be rejected by the Yoruba People.
“We are making this known to set the record straight. Mr. Tony Nnadi is representing the Old Eastern Bloc. He is not the one to tell us whom our representatives in the NINAS Steering Committee are. He should mind his business. He must be acting the script of the Oppressors of the Yoruba people. The members of the public are hereby urged to ignore his fallacious claims against Mr. Adeleye by Tony Nnadi.
“NINAS is an amalgamation of Self-Determination Groups in the South and Middle-Belt of Nigeria, and not Mr. Tony Nnadi’s personal property. Issuing a disclaimer against our duly nominated representative in NINAS Steering Committee was against the run of play and an expensive joke. That was an affront. We wonder whose interest Tony Nnadi was serving?
“Consequently, we declare our unflinching support for Maxwell Adeleye, and we hereby pass a vote on confidence on him. We are proud of him for refusing to betray the Yoruba people. He has written his name in the good side of history and posterity.
“Olukoya’s replacement in the NINAS Steering Committee shall be named soon after due consultations with our affiliate groups.”
On behalf of ILANA OMO OODUA WORLDWIDE
1. Prof. Banji Akintoye – Alana of Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide.
2. Professor Wale Adeniran – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
3. Prof. Ade Kukoyi – Chairman, Think-Thank Group
4. Alhaji Alli Oyedeji – Chairman, Elders Advisory Council, Ilana Omo Oodua
5. Dr. Kayode Akinwande – Deputy General Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
6. Engr. Muda Ogunsola – Diaspora Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
7. Dr. Gbenga Adeyeye – Diaspora Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
8. Dr. Tunde Amusat – Administrative Secretary, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
9. Dr. Adejuwon Akinsola – Director of Empowerment Initiatives, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
10. Pastor Ayodele Praise – Ekiti State Coordinator
11. Prince Ade Adefisoye – Lagos State Coordinator
12. Mr. Adekanola Desmond – Osun State Coordinator
13. Omo Oba Kazeem Onikeke – Oyo State Coordinator
14. Comrade Bankole Adeniyi – Ondo State Coordinator
15. Princess Tanimowo Okusaga – Ilana Women Wing
16. Ms Egbinlade Adebola – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua, Canada Chapter
17 Omo Oba Adejoke Delight – Ilana Omo Oodua Western USA
18. Mr. Seun Aribilola – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua, United States of America
18. Mr. Olawale Taofiq – Ogun State Coordinator
19. Ms Funmi Soyemi – Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua Republic of Ireland
20. Oladapo Kayode, Legal Department, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide.