https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
ADVERTISEMENT
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, May 22, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result
First Bank Ad First Bank Ad First Bank Ad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

What Iran Told Nigeria About #Shiite Leader, El-Zakzaky

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
July 26, 2019
in News
0
ADVERTISEMENT

RelatedPosts

As Expected Police Force Take Disciplinary Action Against Officer Who Threatened To Kill People Filming Him

Foreign Scholarship: NDDC Assures On Transparency And Fairness

BREAKING: Pandemonium As Bandit Scare Forces Students To Flee Schools In Ekiti [VIDEO]

Mohammed Montazeri, the Prosecutor-General (Attorney-General) of the Islamic Republic of Iran, has asked the Federal Government of Nigeria and the judiciary to allow the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Shiekh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, to come to Iran for medical treatment.

 

According to AhlulBayt News Agency, an Iran-based news organisation, Montazeri said this in a letter on Saturday. The Iranian official also called on the judiciary, which is the last hope of the common man, to grant bail to El-Zakzaky who is the leader of all Shi’ites in Nigeria.

Montazeri also criticised the Federal Government’s handling of the crisis, adding that El-Zakzakky’s current medical condition had become a source of worry. The letter read in part, “I, as the prosecutor general of the Islamic Republic of Iran, urge the Nigerian judicial authorities (to take steps) in line with their judicial independence and support for a captive citizen, and provide the ground for his release and transfer him to the Islamic Republic of Iran for treatment.”

Sheikh El-Zakzaky, who is in his mid-sixties, lost his left eye when Nigerian government forces raided the northern town of Zaria more than three years ago. The raid started after Shi’ites refused to allow the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen Tukur Buratai, to ply a road.  His wife also sustained serious wounds while more than 300 of his followers and three of his sons were killed in the violence that ensued.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

The cleric has been kept in custody along with his wife and a large number of his followers ever since. El-Zakzky’s followers have for the last two years been holding protests mainly in Abuja, calling for his immediate release.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

In recent time, the protests have become more aggressive leading to the deaths of Shi’ites, security officials and innocent Nigerians caught in the crossfire.

Back in 2016, Justice Gabriel Kolawole of a Federal High Court ordered his unconditional release from jail following a trial but the government has so far refused to set him free.

El-Zakzaky’s legal team has long called for his release, saying he is suffering from health issues that require urgent medical care abroad but the state high court in Kaduna has denied the request.  Another bail hearing is expected to take place on Monday, July 29.

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…
" data-ad-slot="">
Previous Post

NAF Gives Personnel, Bashir Umar 10-Year Promotion For Returning €37,000 [PHOTO]

Next Post

BRAVE!!! Watch As Kolasinac Saved Mesut Ozil From Knife-Wielding Moped Thugs

Related Posts

News

Chukwueze, Osimhen, 2 Others Tipped To Break Super Eagles’s 21-Year Jinx

by Tgmedia
February 11, 2020
0

It’s been over two decades since a Nigerian won the CAF African Footballer of the Year award. Still, Shehu Abdullahi...

Read more
Eden #Hazard

How #Chelsea And De Bruyne Reacted To Eden #Hazard’s Retirement

December 7, 2022

BREAKING: President Buhari Receives Justice Salami Probe Panel Report On Magu – #MaguGate

November 20, 2020
Next Post

BRAVE!!! Watch As Kolasinac Saved Mesut Ozil From Knife-Wielding Moped Thugs

https://adronhomesproperties.com/
https://adronhomesproperties.com/
" data-ad-slot="">

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Copyright © 2024 TheGeniusMedia.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d