https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/ https://www.accessbankplc.com/
  • ABOUT US
  • CONTACT US
  • Latest Naija News Today
  • Privacy Policy
  • TheGeniusMedia – Latest News, Naija News, and World News
Friday, August 21, 2026
The Genius Media NG
  • Login
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
The Genius Media NG
No Result
View All Result

NYSC CERTIFICATE SCANDAL: ICPC Drops Charges Against Mrs Adeosun

Tgmedia by Tgmedia
September 18, 2018
in News
0

RelatedPosts

Safe Driving: Dangote Transport Unveils Novel Real-Time Driver Monitoring Control Room

BREAKING: After 11 Years, Ronaldinho Returns To Football At 46 With Ravenna [PHOTO]

JUST IN: Odyssey Media House CIC Launches Community Photography Project In Bradford

“The minister had thereafter come under fire with several Nigerians, particularly on the social media, demanding investigations from the Federal Government into the allegations and calling for Adeosun’s resignation.”

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission said on Monday that it had stopped investigations into the use of a forged exemption certificate of the National Youth Service Corps by a former Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun.

The ICPC stated this just as the NYSC said it had concluded its investigative report on the matter and submitted it to the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, its supervising ministry.

The former minister, who resigned on Friday, admitted that the NYSC exemption certificate was not genuine.

The ICPC’s spokesperson, Mrs Rasheedat Okoduwa, in a response to The PUNCH’s enquiry on the matter on Saturday, promised to contact the ICPC authorities and get back on Monday for an official position.

On Monday, Okoduwa in a text message, said, “We stepped down the investigation into the matter so as not to duplicate the efforts of another agency which had taken it up.”

The ICPC did not specify the agency in follow-up enquiries.

Recall that the NYSC authorities in July said it “had begun its own investigations to unravel the source of the purported Exemption Certificate” obtained by the ex-finance minister.

The NYSC after over two months did not make the results of its investigations public.

The NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, on Monday, said the scheme had submitted its investigation to the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development for any further action.

“The report has been submitted to the Ministry of Youths and Sports Development and you can direct all your questions to them,” she said.

There had been reports in July 2018 that Mrs Kemi Adeosun did not participate in the one-year national youth service, but allegedly forged an Exemption Certificate several years after her graduation.

It had also been reported that the certificate, which is dated September 2009, was reportedly signed by an NYSC Director-General, Yusuf Bomoi, who already left the scheme in January 2009.

The minister had thereafter come under fire with several Nigerians, particularly on the social media, demanding investigations from the Federal Government into the allegations and calling for Adeosun’s resignation.

The police have refused to comment on their failure to stop the former finance minister from leaving the country.

The Force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, did not respond to calls and an SMS on the issue.

He had earlier claimed that the police could not investigate the alleged forgery by Adeosun because there was no formal complaint against her.

The Genius Media

Share this:

  • Email a link to a friend (Opens in new window) Email
  • Tweet
  • Share on Telegram (Opens in new window) Telegram
  • Share on Reddit (Opens in new window) Reddit
  • Share on Tumblr
  • More

Like this:

Like Loading…

Related

Tags: ICPCMinister of FinanceNigerian Police ForceNYSCNYSC CERTIFICATE SCANDALThe Genius Media
Previous Post

The 2018 GTBank Fashion Weekend set to hold in November

Next Post

OFFA ROBBERY: Fresh Court Order On Saraki’s Involvement In The Case.

Related Posts

Lifestyle

JIM IYKE: I Have Kissed Over 200 Actresses On Set

by Tgmedia
November 9, 2018
0

Jim Iyke painted another scenario, where he had to kiss four actresses in the presence of their boy friends. “I...

Read more
NDDC Promotes Girl Child Education in Niger Delta

BREAKING: NDDC Promotes Girl Child Education in Niger Delta

February 13, 2025
Traffic Diversion At PWD Inwards ‘Ile Zik’ Ikeja Axis

JUST IN: Lagos Announces 2-day Traffic Diversion At PWD Inwards ‘Ile Zik’ Ikeja Axis

March 23, 2024
Next Post

OFFA ROBBERY: Fresh Court Order On Saraki's Involvement In The Case.

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Thegenius Media.com.ng is an Online Nigerian NEWS HUB with good coverage and reportage of Exclusive Stories, Daily News Updates, Politics, Entertainment, Crime, Lifestyle, Relationship Tips and Sports.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Alert Us

Important Press Releases, Breaking Stories, Special Investigations: thegeniusmedia1@gmail.com

Office Address

No 26 Oroleye Crescent off Abel Oreniyi Street.
Off Salvation Road, Opebi
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Health
  • Jobs
  • Sports

© TheGeniusMedia.com,ng

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Discover more from The Genius Media NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

%d